Dat waren de tijden:
- The disk limit is as of now 50 x 2.88 megabytes or 2,915,328 bytes.
This equates to a total of 144 megabytes of compressed data or
145,766,400 bytes. Using 2.88 megabyte archives enables us to keep the
standard 8 character filename with a 3 character extension. This will
also help contribute to the elimination of the ‘missing disk’
phenomenon, plaguing end-users worldwide. Acceptable compression
formats at this time are ACE or RAR, followed by the traditional
- Every release under this limit will be a functionally and playably
complete game. This means that included will be every component
necessary for the successful completion of the game (every level, track,
course and other NECESSARY component).
- Sound effects WILL and MUST be included.
- Intros, Outros and Cut-Scenes should be removed if the size of the
release is 40 x 2.88 disks or more with them included. Intros should
NOT be iuncluded in a Movie Add-On, only Cut-Scenes and Outro (aka
End-Scene) should be included. Animation files, such as .SMKs, should
be “framed” and not blacked out. Re-indexing of large files, should
consist of an actual re-index instead of just creating a file full of
0’s, (which doesn’t change the actual file size, but allows it to
compress to virtually nothing), thus promoting more quality minded rips
- Only 2 Add-Ons should be released per game. Each Add-On should be no
more than 25 x 2.88 megabyte archives.
- A brief outline of what has been stripped from the game should be
clearly stated in the game-release .NFO, as well as information as to
whether or not Add-Ons can be expected.
- Children’s games (aka Kiddie games) and Edutainment software do not
qualify under THE FACTION’s guidelines for acceptable releases.
- In regard to games distributed in the United States that are LATER
distributed in Europe or vice versa under the same or different name /
publisher. These games if released AFTER another group’s release are
counted as DUPES unless it can be proven that there is a clearly
noticeable PLAYABLE difference in the latter release (eg. new levels,
enhanced graphics, or other new features).
- Fully cracked Update Patches and Trainers are highly regarded, though
they are not the responsibility of any group (including that of which
released the original game.) If 2 trainers from the same or different
groups are released for 1 game, this does NOT qualify as a dupe unless
the latter trainer provides no new features over the prior trainer.
- Admittance to THE FACTION is done on an invite / vote-in basis. The
group invitation must be proposed before ALL current FACTION member-
group representatives, and the corresponding vote must be undertaken by
ALL FACTION member-group representatives. This council operates in a
purely democratic manner and all parties therein have upon joining,
agreed to follow all stated guidelines of this Declaration of Scene
Independence. Today is not only a new dawn in the games scene, but our
Independence Day where differences are at least temporarily put aside
and our unity re-consolidated.
This document was signed & approved on October 17th, 1998 by the following
individuals, representing their respective groups:
Mr.Skill – [CLASS] – ZEUS [PARADIGM] – The Punisher [RAZOR 1911]