Del.icio.us op 1 april 2009

  • Ghent occupies a central position among the towns of the county. It was erected from Kinderhook, Chatham, and Claverack, April 3, 1818, and received its name from Ghent, in Holland. Before this division, the territory comprised within its bounds was locally know as Squampamock* and Kline Kill. The town has an irregular shape, and was reduced to its present area–27,649 acres–in 1833, when a part of Stockport was taken from its western border.
    (tags: history)

Doe mee met de conversatie

2 reacties

Laat een reactie achter

Zeg uw gedacht

Deze website gebruikt Akismet om spam te verminderen. Bekijk hoe je reactie-gegevens worden verwerkt.