Bah. Niet dat ik het de gasten van Shelfari niet gun hoor:
Shelfari community — Today we announced funding by Amazon.com along with a great bunch of strategic investors. We can now start heating our office and using the overhead lights during daylight hours! (j/k)
We are all super-excited about the advisory board we have been able to put together. Our advisers include:
- Alex Algard – founder of WhitePages.com & CarDomain.com
- Geoff Entress – an experienced entrepreneur and venture investor
- Brad Feld – managing director at Foundry Group, and HUGE book lover
- Eric Klein – One of the best product & design people on the planet
- Andy Sack – co-founder of Judy’s Book
- Kelly Smith – partner of Curious Office
All of us here at Shelfari worked very hard on Shelfari to reach this critical milestone. Kevins B and D have continued churning out site improvements over the last few months while I focused on the financing. Stay tuned, as we have some VERY exciting plans for using our new capital to expand and improve Shelfari.
Just to be clear — We are NOT a subsidiary of Amazon after this investment. We are completely independent with exciting plans for using this new capital to accelerate our growth. Exciting-enough plans that Amazon.com and a bunch of highly-respected investors wanted to help us achieve these plans.
…maar ik blijf LibraryThing veel en veel beter vinden dan Shelfari.